Service or emergency stop brakes for container cranes, belt conveyors, bucket wheel excavators
The design of the disc brake USB 3 is based on the worldwide known SIBRE disc brake range USB 2 and is the consequent result of the continuous research and development performed by SIBRE.
These brakes are designed considering the specific demands of crane-, lifting- and material handling applications and forms a combination of spring and weight applied brakes.
Combined with another improvement of the SIBRE lining wear compensator the advantages allow to consider this USB 3 type brakes as the first real almost maintenance-free disc brakes.
- service or emergency stop brakes for heavy duty operation and coasting. Ideal for hoists and travel drives in container cranes, for large belt conveyor systems, bucket wheel excavators, stackers, reclaimers, etc.
- robust design with all bearings and pivot points fitted with maintenance free, close tolerance bushes
- pins made of rust- and acid resistant stainless steel
- optimized lever geometry resulting in maximum ratio and generous lining clearence
- braking torque independent of disc rotating direction
- square spring tube with graduated torque scale to facilitate torque adjustment
- easily replaceable and low cost brake linings, asbestos free quality for high circumferential speed up to 85 m/sec. and max. disc temperature of up to 850°C
- reduced maintenance by means of SIBRE-wear-compensator
- equal clearence due to SIBRE-synchronisation linkage
- brake force increased by more than 70 % due to optimised eccentre position.
- increased utilisation factor of available release force by means of springs with low c-rate.
- drastically increased efficiency and increased life time of bushings due to centric application of spring force, no more bending stress on knee lever
- the knee lever provides the requested dead weight and forms an enclosure protecting the uppermost hingepoints and the tension rod against dust and damages
- the SIBRE synchronisation linkage, known since many years from the SIBRE drum brakes, was incorporated in this new disc brake and guarantees an equal and synchronuous movement of brake arms. A manual adjustment of equal air-gap is no longer required.
- lean and compact envelope dimensions.
- no more right handed or left handed design